Since the commercialization of insulin, protein therapeutics have been on the rise. From the early 1980s onward, new types of antibody based and protein based therapies have been introduced. These new methods of treating disease include Antibody Drug Conjugates, Antibody Mimetics, Bispecific Antibodies, and more. As protein discovery and engineering technologies continue to find new disease targets and treatments, the limitations of each therapeutic strategy are uncovered in clinical trials. As patents for antibody & protein based therapies expire, the next generation of therapeutics will seek to build from the knowledge gained from previous protein-based treatments.
GTCbio’s Antibody & Protein Therapeutics Summit is scheduled for July 11-12th, 2017 at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court in Baltimore, MD. The summit will include keynote talks from distinguished researchers in the field, as well as plenary sessions on the most recent advances in antibody engineering, as well as a session on novel protein discovery technologies.
The following key opinion leaders will be participating at this meeting:
- Sally Ward, Professor at Texas A&M College of Medicine
- Christian Schoneich, Takeru Higuchi Distinguished Professor and Department Chair at University of Kansas
- Ezio Bonvini, Senior Vice President and Research & Chief Scientific Officer at MacroGenics, Inc.
- Vu Truong, Ph.D Founder, Chief Executive Officer and Director at Aridis Pharmaceuticals
GTCbio’s Antibody & Protein Therapeutics Summit has developed into a meeting to learn about the latest Antibody & Protein based therapies from leading researchers and commercialization insights from business leaders in the industry. This meeting will create opportunities for face to face interactions with key thought leaders from big pharma, biotech companies, government agencies, healthcare organizations and distinguished academics. The summit agenda will include interactive programming to facilitate dialogue between attendees and speakers and engage participants to promote research sharing, partnering and mentoring opportunities.
The Antibody & Protein Therapeutics Summit consists of three co-located conferences, along with plenary & keynote sessions:
- Antibodies in Oncology & Beyond: Highlights include Antibody based therapies in Oncology, Infectious Diseases, Autoimmune disorders, antibody engineering, and more.
- 3rd Antibody Drug Conjugates: Highlights include Pre-clinical discoveries and clinical trials, novel linkers & payloads, personalized healthcare, and site specific attachments.
- Novel Protein Therapeutics: Highlights include alternative protein scaffolds, multispecific antibodies, antibody mimetics, and novel protein discovery technologies.