Diabetes is a chronic disease that has a significant impact on the quality of life for the victims of the disease. It is no surprise that diabetes patients are tired of waiting for new therapies and technologies that will help improve the quality of life beyond current standard of care and perhaps even cure the disease.
Seasoned biopharmaceutical executive and diabetes patient, Dr Karin Hehenberger, has dedicated her life to making an impact for people who are living with diabetes and other chronic diseases. As per Dr. Henenberger, Patient Entrepreneurs are individuals who either have a chronic disease, or are very close to someone who does, and have leveraged their “lived” experience in starting and/or leading a business that pursues better solutions for their specific issue. These individuals have incredible drive and insights that amplifies the passion they provide to their businesses. Dr. Hehenberger founded Lyfebulb three years ago with that vision and the company focuses on 1: investing in innovation in diabetes, 2: promoting and encouraging Patient Entrepreneurs and 3: growing a large community of like-minded people. Lyfebulb helped us meet many other Patient Entrepreneurs in its network.
GTCbio’s Diabetes summit will be showcasing a few patient entrepreneurs working on different aspects of treatment and management of the disease. The summit will be held at the Hyatt Regency on April 5th – 7th, 2017 in Boston, MA. The following entrepreneurs and their companies will be participating in the Patient Entrepreneur Panel:
- Karin Hehenberger, Founder and CEO of LyfeBulb
LyfeBulb is dedicated to improve the quality of life of those living with chronic disease through investing in innovation, promoting Patient Entrepeneurs and growing an online community.
- Charles O’Connell, Founder and CEO of Fitscript
Fitscript is dedicated to helping people living with diabetes reach their fitness goals by getting rid of the highs and lows, and by getting in the GLUCOSEZONE.
- Shantanu Gaur, Co-Founder and CSO of Allurion Technologies
Allurion’s Elipse device is the first procedureless gastric balloon for weight loss. It is swallowed and naturally excreted without surgery, endoscopy, or anesthesia.
- Matthew Loper, CEO of Wellth
Wellth helps payers and providers thrive in a value-based environment by paying patients to be healthy, with a goal of ensuring the adoption and success of value-based care.
- Robert Geho, Co-Founder and CEO of Diasome Pharmaceuticals Inc
Diasome is developing breakthrough insulin efficacy solutions for people with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes using hepatocyte targeted nanotechnology based drug delivery systems.
GTCbio’s Diabetes Summit has evolved into the go-to conference to learn about the latest research and partnership opportunities, and to network with academia, venture capital, government, biotech companies, big pharma and healthcare organizations. The program will provide you with opportunities to further your understanding of the diabetes field through presentations and panel discussions.
- 10th Diabetes Drug Discovery and Development Conference: highlights include discussion about going back to basics, preclinical research, emerging therapeutic targets, and clinical developments.
- 7th Diabetes Partnering and Deal-Making Conference: highlights include discussion about partnerships, funding, licensing, digital devices, future or diabetes treatment beyond insulin and networking with patient entrepreneurs, decision makers, venture capitalists, government agencies, and more.