Diabetes is a condition that results from lack of insulin or lack of appropriate response to insulin causing abnormally high levels of glucose in the blood. Therefore, insulin supplementation provides significant benefit to diabetes patients. However, insulin does not address the root cause of the disease and therefore does not cure diabetes. There has been an increased effort in the recent years to look for treatments beyond insulin to enhance the quality of life of diabetes patients and potentially cure the disease.
GTCbio’s Diabetes summit will include a panel discussion that highlights the efforts from the three largest pharmaceutical companies in the diabetes space to address diabetes treatment options in 2020 beyond insulin. The summit will be held at the Hyatt Regency on April 5th – 7th, 2017 in Boston, MA. The following key opinion leaders will be participating in this panel discussion:
- Alexander (Zan) Fleming, President and CEO at Kinexum
- Riccardo Perfetti, Head of Global Team Diabetes, VP Global Medical Affairs at Sanofi
- Brian Bloomquist, Senior Director, Global External Research and Development at Eli Lilly
- Aaron Schwartz, Director, R&D Innovation Sourcing at Novo Nordisk
GTCbio’s Diabetes Summit has evolved into the go-to conference to learn about the latest research and partnership opportunities, and to network with academia, venture capital, government, biotech companies, big pharma and healthcare organizations. The program will provide you with opportunities to further your understanding of the diabetes field through presentations and panel discussions.
We invite you to join us at the 2017 Diabetes Summit!
GTCbio’s Diabetes Summit 2017 consists of two co-located conferences:
- 10th Diabetes Drug Discovery and Development Conference: highlights include discussion about going back to basics, preclinical research, emerging therapeutic targets, and clinical developments.
- 7th Diabetes Partnering and Deal-Making Conference: highlights include discussion about partnerships, funding, licensing, and networking with patient entrepreneurs, decision makers, venture capitalists, government agencies, and more.